Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Home-made baby food!

Last month when Aiden started solids, I began my baby food making journey. I found a good book called Cooking For Baby by Lisa Barnes and an awesome website called http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com. I started with pureed sweet potatoes, butternut squash and applesauce. I added breastmilk to all of the entree's for extra nutrients. My magic bullet came in handy once again for the smaller batches and my big blender for the larger batches of food. I also found these neat little containers called Baby Cubes on Amazon, (as well as the book) for freezing and storing all the food. Now all I need is a second freezer and we'll be all set! Aiden loved his home made food and we saved lots of money as well! Those little Gerber jars are waaaay to overpriced!

No comments:

Post a Comment