Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Great Cloth Diaper Change

As a parent who used to buy disposable diapers for the first 2 months of my son's life, I know how quickly babies can go through them and how costly they are. Not only are they expensive, but they are also extremely rough on our environment piling up in landfills all over the globe. When I first decided to explore the option of using cloth I became excited about all the benefits, (which I wrote about here) but most of all of how much money we would be saving throughout the years our children would be in diapers!
I was also happy to discover that cloth diapers have come a long way in the last 10 years! More people should know about these super-cute, money-saving and environmentally friendly diapers! Luckily a dedicated group of cloth diapering mamas read my mind and created this Guinness World Record event where these amazing diapers will be put on display in honor of Earth Day 2011! This year my son and I, (along with thousands of other parents and babies across the world) will be celebrating Earth Day 2011 with The Great Cloth Diaper Change. The goal of this event is to set the world record for the most cloth diapers changed simultaneously. What a creative way to celebrate being green and also get the word out about how easy and beneficial cloth diapers are to use! You can visit their website through the link above or their Facebook page for information on locations or offer to host a location of your own. Don't shy away either if you don't cloth diaper yet but plan to in the future. I am bringing a friend with me who is doing just that and borrowing one of our diapers so that she can participate with her toddler. Or, maybe you're pregnant and thinking of cloth diapering your baby. Come to an event near you and check out all the great diaper options! The more babies participating the better, so every cloth diapered booty counts! I'm excited to be a part of this epic event and hopefully meet some other cloth diapering mamas in my own community, other than my blogging and long-distance Facebook friends! (So far in my small circle of friends in town I am the only one but I'm sure that soon will change...)
Join us at our local event for the East Bay area on Saturday April 23 at 9am PST. We are being hosted by the lovely Nurture Center in Lafayette, CA. Due to a high number of people interested in this event, it will be taking place at Our Savior Lutheran Church at 1035 Carol Lane, Lafayette CA 94549. 
My son and his baby doll are excited too! He is going with us and will be sporting a cute robot Rumparooz Doll Diaper at the event! Aiden hasn't decided which of his 40 diapers he will be wearing yet but it will be a theme-related one for sure! :)
There are 394 locations world wide and counting! Which location will you be attending? Leave your comment below! We are excited to put cloth diapers on the record books! Watch the short video below for more details and please let me know if you are interested in joining us at our local event here in the East Bay the more the merrier!



























No comments:

Post a Comment