Here is a new baby food recipe that I tried tonight taken from my trusty Cooking For Baby book that I am in love with. Ok well it's not the actual book that sets my heart on fire, but the recipes that Aiden just gobbles up. And believe me, I too have tasted them and they are good! If ever I loose all my teeth, I'll know just what cookbook to turn to!
Now just a side note- I'm not going to re-type the recipe word for word. I'll simplify it and add in the Laura-twists that I added to this recipe. I've never been one to color inside the lines anyway.
Potato & Butternut Squash Stew
- Get one butternut squash, 2 potatoes, and 2 apples and cut them up.
- Put about an inch of water in a big pyrex baking dish and throw them all in, sprinkling with a little cinnamon. (Laura adaption, so gourmet I know)
- Roast in oven on 350 for about 40 minutes.
- Now throw, and I mean THROW :) everything into the biggest pot you own with about 3/4 of a can of Swanson's Chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add a bit of seasalt, (another Laura adaption) to bring out the flava flav of that scrumptious squash.
- Boil until squishy enough to SQUISH with your potato masher.
Makes about 4 cups. Freeze half, use half. Give it a special name.