Friday, January 15, 2010

Someone's in the Kitchen with Mama


Here is a new baby food recipe that I tried tonight taken from my trusty Cooking For Baby book that I am in love with. Ok well it's not the actual book that sets my heart on fire, but the recipes that Aiden just gobbles up. And believe me, I too have tasted them and they are good! If ever I loose all my teeth, I'll know just what cookbook to turn to!

Now just a side note- I'm not going to re-type the recipe word for word. I'll simplify it and add in the Laura-twists that I added to this recipe. I've never been one to color inside the lines anyway.

Potato & Butternut Squash Stew





  1. Get one butternut squash, 2 potatoes, and 2 apples and cut them up. 
  2. Put about an inch of water in a big pyrex baking dish and throw them all in, sprinkling with a little cinnamon. (Laura adaption, so gourmet I know) 
  3. Roast in oven on 350 for about 40 minutes. 
  4. Now throw, and I mean THROW :) everything into the biggest pot you own with about 3/4 of a can of Swanson's Chicken broth and bring to a boil. 
  5. Add a bit of seasalt, (another Laura adaption) to bring out the flava flav of that scrumptious squash. 
  6. Boil until squishy enough to SQUISH with your potato masher. 
MASH those veggies. Consider this your therapy for the day. Mash out all the stress from your day until it's a yummy, apple-saucy consistency that wont have your 9-month old choking.

Makes about 4 cups. Freeze half, use half. Give it a special name.
Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment